My mind sets sail on calm oceans to cross the hemisphere
where stories are kept and told in quarter tones to the wind. Continue reading Hemisphere
I sit in the evening still, a symphony of cicadas caressing my ears as their chorus trade places with one group of trees for another; not unlike a hypnotic trance. I’m surrounded by a black velvet sky perforated by the pinhole lights of stars. The new moon is hiding its face as the planet Venus gracefully observes. And I wonder when will I see my old friend again?
Your arthritic limbs slowed you down physically but not your heart. The site of you rolling around on a cool patch of good earth, a look of Continue reading Verse For A Golden Retriever
“All things must pass” -George Harrison
This is Levi, who belongs to a good friend of mine. This picture, taken July 1st, 2015 was the last face I saw as I left Raleigh, North Carolina to move to St. Augustine, Fla. I will miss Levi as well as the many friends I’ve known for the past 15 years in which Raleigh has been my home. -JC
On this road my life does trace
Forgotten love, forgotten face
Another time, another place
What part of me have you become
Is it you or is it me? Continue reading You or Me
“God writes the Gospel not in the Bible alone, but also on trees, and in the flowers and clouds and stars.” -Martin Luther
Everyone needs a magic window, a window to pray by, to meditate by, or to just say hey by… a window to gaze up at the stars and wonder why by, a window looking out over the backyard to make peace with the day by. This is a thin place; where the veil between the material and spiritual world is most transparent allowing a glimpse into the other side. Continue reading A Magic Window
And to accept the nomination for me, is me!
I was nominated by Oscar Relentos. Be sure and check out his blog at https://oscarrelentos.wordpress.com/, you will be glad you did!
Thank you so much, Oscar Relentos. I really appreciate this.
There are rules for this award, and these are as follows:
– Insert the award logo onto your post (which is the blue image you see above)
– Answer the seven questions they asked you.
– Thank the blogger who nominated you.
– Nominate other bloggers and ask them seven questions and let them know you have nominated them!
Here are my answers to Oscar Relentos questions:
- What is the achievement you are the most proud of? My children, they are the best!
- Where do you want to live if you got a chance to move permanently? Ireland
- What’s your favorite color and why? Blue, because it reminds me of Bob Dylan’s Tangled Up In Blue
- Who is your favorite movie villain? (from movies, literature, history, anything) and, of course, why? Dracula… Because all other villains borrow from him!
- Who is the person you look up to the most? George Harrison
- What is one of your favorite quotes and why? ‘Change Your Vibration, Change Your Life’- the Buddha... because we each have the power to change ourselves and thus change the world by our intentions
- If you could have any superpower what would it be? To be able to fly!
And I nominate livingonchi at https://livingonchi.wordpress.com/ All About Being Human for the award. Why? Because everyday I look forward to her post!
The 7 questions:
- What is the achievement you are most proud of?
- What planet would you want to live on if you got a chance?
- What’s your lease favorite color and why?
- Who is your favorite movie hero? (from movies, literature, history, anything) and, why?
- Who is the person you would want to be if you could change places?
- What is one of your favorite movies and why?
- If you could have 3 wishes, what would they be?
“May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.”
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
It is time my children, you must leave this fortress; the battlements turned down. As Perceval left the forest in search of the Grail he knew nothing about, there are new adventures at hand for you and for me that we can’t at this time perceive… new words to write and old ones to reprimand. But it is all for naught if you never enter the world.
Continue reading Words in Flight